Water penetrating into structures causes corrosion of steel which yields lower load bearing capacity. The water causes the concrete to degrade and crack. The waterproofing application provides not only safety of building but also healthy and comfortable environments by avoiding formation of bacteria and mold, and water from dripping off the roof or ceiling.
Our exterior waterproofing products can be used on residential homes or commercial buildings. They are designed for standard concrete or block foundations, or for use with insulated concrete forms (ICF). Also, some of the products can be used on other materials that require a waterproof seal such as wood, metal, plastic, etc., or below interior surfaces such as the floor slab or under tiles in showers, bathrooms, etc. where moisture might be a problem.
No – they can be used for renovation projects, or by people who have dug up around their exterior foundation to fix a problem with a leaky basement. Once the existing foundation is exposed, clean it by power washing to remove any loose debris. If there is old waterproofing on the foundation, such as dried-out tar based dampproofing products, it is not necessary to remove this. Just clean off any areas that are loose or flaking with either the power washer or by hand, repair any cracks or voids in the walls, and then apply waterproofing right over the old material.
Generally, they are applied on concrete and wooden surfaces. It can also provide a perfect bond on other surfaces.
Is it necessary to apply waterproofing if no ground water is observed on the soil where the building is to be located?
Even not underground, the soil moisture and surface waters may cause corrosion (rusting) on the foundation by time. Therefore, waterproofing should be applied on the ground slab and foundation walls.
- We currently only deliver to MALAYSIA. For other countries, kindly contact us for shipment charges before making your payment. We will advise you accordingly before you proceed to check out.
- All purchases will only be delivered upon full payment and clearance either via credit card or manual transfer into our designated Malaysian Bank Account.
- Deliveries will be made within 2 working days from the time of successful order. In instances where there are special requests, delivery lead-time will be subject to availability but Obaproof Manufacturing Sdn Bhd will keep customers well informed of their status of order.
- Returns of goods will not be entertained except in cases where goods were damaged during transit. In such cases, the damaged goods will have to be returned to Obaproof Manufacturing Sdn Bhd and we will forward a replacement soonest possible subject to immediate availability.
- Product modification is subject to availability and is only changeable if the parcel has not been picked up for shipment. Difference in price will have to be topped up prior to confirmation and shipping. Parcels that have been shipped out can no longer be modified.
- Terms and Conditions can be changed by Obaproof Manufacturing Sdn Bhd as deemed fit without prior notice.